How to get Disneyland Discounts
A trip to Disneyland California is always fun (especially when you can find discount tickets. If you find yourself in Orange County, you might want to spend a day at the “happiest place on Earth.” And if you have fond memories of going as a child — I know I do — once not enough. Here’s my recent review, recommendations, and roundup of Disneyland discounts.
My first visit, at age nine, was a big trip from the east coast. Then I moved to Orange County for a few years in high school and had my first “real” kiss on the bridge in front of Sleeping Beauty’s Castle. (I won’t explain how my boyfriend’s art student brother got us in free once by duplicating the day’s hand stamp, shhhh.) My high school class had a senior night trip there, too. And later I took my sons to Disneyland a time or two. For my most recent Disneyland visit, I borrowed a kid — my niece Abby from Vancouver, Canada.
Can you save on tickets to Disneyland California?
Skip down this page for my roundup of the best online Disneyland discount tickets. Here’s what you need to know about these deals.
First, one-day ticket deals are almost never available, and Disneyland discounts are never huge. But you can still save. Disneyland California is so popular, they have no problem filling the park. The discount options (see below) are for two, three, four, and five day tickets, including Park Hopper deals, Combo Park deals, and the best price available anywhere for the Southern California CityPass. You can save up to $33 with some of the offers below.
Disneyland raises their prices each year, so be sure the rates you see elsewhere don’t refer to out-of-date pricing. The Park Hopper passes are the most popular because they provide back-and-forth admission options to Disneyland and Disney California Adventure theme parks. You can also get Disneyland discounts if you’re a member of AAA (American Automobile Association), or if you’re in the military, or a teacher. I also list other special group discounts below.
How to get Disneyland Discount Tickets
I spent a lot of time researching this, and of all the ways to safely get deals on Disneyland tickets, the best ticket source today is aRes Travel an “authorized Disneyland ticket seller” offering all of the following tickets and packages at the best prices. I update this page regularly, so I will always let you know when the best offers and sources change:
1. Top Disneyland Deals (as of February 21, 2018) — Find Tickets
- 2-Day Park Hopper — (up to $5 off per person)
- 3-Day Park Hopper Adults Pay Kids Price (up to $20 off per person)
- 4-Day Park Hopper PROMO Adults Pay Kids Price (up to $22 off per person)
- 5-Day Park Hopper (up to $20 off per person)
- 2-Day – 1-Park Per Day (up to $5 off per person)
- 3-Day – 1-Park Per Day (up to $10 off per person)
- 4-Day – 1-Park Per Day (up to $15 off per person)
- 5-Day – 1-Park Per Day (up to $15 off per person)
2. Best Disneyland Combo Passes: Southern California CityPASS — Best Price: This discount pass saves you the most, at least 31% (a better deal than on the CityPASS website, although CityPASS works directly with aRes to bring you this promo).
- For one low price you get admission to four popular SoCal Theme Parks: a 3-Day Park Hopper ticket to Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park including Magic Morning admission, and also LEGOLAND, SeaWorld San Diego.
3. Attraction Ticket Packages — Choose Your Package: You can also take advantage of the following custom attraction package deals:
- Disneyland Resort & Knott’s Berry Farm Combo Deal
- Disneyland Resort & Universal Studios Hollywood Combo Deal
About These Disneyland Tickets:
- All the above deals (except the CityPASS) are print-and-go tickets you can use any day you want up to the expiration date.
- You get 1-day Magic Morning admission included FREE with any 3, 4 or 5-day ticket offer.
- All Park Hoppers give unlimited admission to Disneyland and Disney California Adventure.
- Adult prices are for ages 10+ and Child prices are for ages 3-9.
- Note: One-day Disneyland deals are rarely offered anywhere.
5 More Ways To Save at Disneyland California
- Disneyland Dining and Premium Character Dining — Get It Here via aRes or Here via Viator (for less). You can select the location where you’d like to dine within the Disneyland Resort.
- AAA Disneyland Discount — Automobile Club of Southern California sometimes sell Disneyland annual passes at a small discount. If you’re a AAA member, contact your local branch for availability and prices.
- Teacher / Student Disneyland Discount — Teachers in the US and Canada can sometimes get a deal. Contact the teachers’ union for more info (and also check with your Credit Union). Some SoCal universities offer student discount tickets, not usually as good as the prices posted above. But check with your Student Union. For younger students, members of the Y.E.S. (Youth Education Series) Program sometimes get a deal.
- Military Disneyland Discount — Active and retired members of the US military can get Disneyland deals for certain dates during the year. You must show your military id to redeem. Contact your local base MWR/ITT for deal details.
- Canada | Austrailia | New Zealand — In Canada, check flightcentre.com for offers. Also, BCAA members can get free parking with full price tickets (order by phone). You may be able to redeem air miles (via airmiles.ca). If you’re coming from Australia or New Zeeland, ask a travel agent about a special 10-Day Disney Vacation Pass (Park Hopper).
Disneyland Hotel Review
If you’re staying over near Disneyland, you might be considering a stay at the Disneyland Resort Hotel. The Disneyland Hotel rooms are in three towers called Magic, Dream, and Wonder. Between the towers you’ll find a collection of shops, restaurants, a pool, lush gardens, wedding gazebo and conference center. Disney touches are found everywhere throughout the property, like the over sized Sorcerer’s Hat, a Disney themed pool area, and a themed NeverLand.
Things we liked: When you stay at Disneyland Resort you get special privileges that make you feel like a VIP. You get to go quickly through an exclusive entrance to Disney California Adventure Park, for example. You can enjoy Magic Mornings, character wake up calls, and (one of our favs) merchandise you buy is delivered to your room so you don’t have to carry it. You can charge resort purchases and meals directly to your room. We also like the variety of dining options, from a cafe to grab a quick bite before heading out, to fine dining restaurants, and Disney’s Character Dining experiences, always popular with kids.
Not so great: This hotel is not cheap, and the rates go up during peak season. If you’re ready for it, this is absolutely the way to go. If not, go to the bottom of this page for better rates at nearby hotels.
Disneyland Hotel Packages: aRes has put together some special promos that let you choose your hotel and Disneyland Resort tickets for combined savings. Go here to customize your package (scroll down to the bottom of that page)
Other Lodging Near Disneyland: Here’s where I’d browse the best options.
- For “real people” reviews of Disneyland Resort Hotel and other (cheaper) lodging near the resort, browse hotel rates and reviews on TripAdvisor.
Know Before You Go
- Disneyland Address: Disneyland Resort, 1313 S. Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, CA. Info line: 1-800-313-8056.
- Best Times to visit Disneyland: Disneyland California is crowded all year long because locals go all the time, so crowds are not dependent on popular travel times. That said, your best bets may be on weekdays and during the months of September through December (except during holidays), and mid-January through March. On savvy tip a SoCal friend suggested is to go on a day when a big event takes place elsewhere to draw away the crowds, like the annual Rose Parade. Also, if you don’t mind the rain, you can practically have the park to yourself.
- Worst Times to visit Disneyland: Summer draws the worst crowds and the weather is hot. Weekends are always busy, especially Sundays. Around the holidays, like Easter and Thanksgiving, you can expect huge crowds and higher ticket prices. Christmas week is especially busy and the lines will be long so you may not make every ride. But the decorations and special activities might make it worth going anyway.
- Ticket Upgrades: If you decide to stay longer than the ticket you bought (you need a third day but only bought a two-day pass, for example), you can upgrade and still take advantage of the good price, as long as you do it before your pass expires. Just go to a Disneyland ticket booth or Guest Services location.