The annual Gilroy Garlic Festival (each year in July) is a popular South Bay tradition billed as the “Ultimate Summer Food Fair” — three days of incredible food, beverages, arts & crafts, and live entertainment. The event, which draws more than 100,000 visitors, features dozens of activities, concerts, food, and plenty of family fun.
The Gilroy Garlic Festival offers a few ways to save this year, including an advance online discount, a locals discount, and a military discount. Scroll down for links and deal details, along with information on getting to the event and finding a place to park.
The most popular activities at the festival are eating Gourmet Alley Food while watching the demos, grabbing a free garlic ice cream sample; watching the Cook-off Theater, taking the kids to the arts & crafts and children’s areas; visiting the Wine Pavilion; and shopping the Mercantile.
WHAT: Gilroy Garlic Festival — Tickets online or at the gate start at $20/adult, $15 senior/child (6-12). More info directly from the Festival website.
- Locals Day – Check the schedule on the event website for the Festival’s Locals Day (usually Friday) when you can purchase up to two General Admission tickets at the gate for $5 off. You must present a valid photo ID with a local address in Gilroy, Morgan Hill, San Martin, Hollister, San Juan Bautista or Aromas. Follow the link above to the official website for the updated schedule.
- Military Discount — Active members of the US Military get a $5 discount at the gate. (Show valid US Military ID.)
Know Before You Go
- Official Info — Info and tickets online at www.gilroygarlicfestival.com. You can also get tickets at participating Raley’s, Bel Air, and Nob Hill Foods stores (but no discounts this year).
- Address — Christmas Hill Park, 7050 Miller Ave, Gilroy, CA 95020 (30 miles south of San Jose off Highway 101).
- Dates — Every year in July (usually the last weekend, Fri-Sun).
- Parking — $10 Parking Fee, valid any one day of Festival, in our public lots includes shuttle ride to and from Festival gates. Follow signs on highways to public lots.
- If using a GPS — Christmas Hill Park address is 7050 Miller Avenue, Gilroy CA 95020. NOTE: Do not follow map service directions as streets are blocked off around park. All traffic is directed to festival parking lot.
- Caltrain — Starting in 2016, you can ride Caltrain to the Garlic Festival on Saturday and Sunday via a chartered special event train from San Jose. Tickets not available from Caltrain or at the train station directly. More info here.
- Live Streaming — The Great Garlic Cook-Off will be streamed LIVE at gilroygarlicfestival.com.
- Bicycle Parking — Free secure bicycle parking is available on Miller Avenue at Uvas Parkway (your lock).