If you find yourself in San Carlos, California, with a couple hours to kill, wander over to the Hiller Aviation Museum in San Carlos, California, near the San Carlos Airport. The venue displays vintage aircraft and everything aviation in their 53,000 square feet space.
The Hiller Aviation Museum’s main gallery hangar suspends historical flight machines to drool over. Featured aircraft include an airplane from 1869 called the Avitor and a replica of the 1903 Wright Flyer that whisked bird-envious brothers away from earth on the first manned flight.
My husband, who is an airline pilot, loves this museum for all its history of flight. My favorite exhibit is the Flight Sim Zone on the Museum’s Mezzanine (open only on limited weekend and evening hours).
Savvy Savings at Hiller Aviation
Hiller Aviation Museum Coupon: The museum often offers a discounts on their website.
- The museum is kid-friendly, but is geared towards older children.
- The gift shop is amazing, filled with aviation-themed souvenirs, gadgets, books, and toys your kids will want (so stay away if you want to keep your nickels).
Know Before You Go
- Address: Hiller Aviation Museum, 601 Skyway Rd., San Carlos, California 94070.
- Location: Hiller is next to the San Carlos Airport.
- Hours: The museum is open 7 days a week, 10am to 5pm.
- Official Info: www.hiller.org.