Review + Ticket Deals for The Hollywood Bowl
That time of year has come again, so you know it’ time for fun at the Hollywood Bowl. If you haven’t been to The Hollywood Bowl, you should know it’s the largest natural outdoor amphitheater in the USA, and the place to be in SoCal if you like listening to live music under the stars. Even better, you can sometimes go for less with special ticket offers.
Skip down to see Hollywood Bowl Discount Tickets
The first thing you’ll notice about The Bowl is the giant band shell, with concentric arches, set against the backdrop of the Hollywood Hills and the famous Hollywood Sign to the Northeast.
The Bowl is the summer home of the Los Angeles Philharmonic and the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra, and features a variety of music from jazz, to classical, to Broadway, and world music. But many popular artists play there, too.
Plus The Bowl hosts a couple of big annual events June: The Playboy Jazz Festival and the Mariachi USA Festival. On any day, The Hollywood Bowl is also a fun place to enjoy a picnic and a stroll the grounds.
5 Things To Do at the Hollywood Bowl
1 Catch a Concert — Of course, this is a given. the savvy way to go is to first check for discount tickets below. Then figure out where you’d like to sit. Large video screens on both sides of the concert stage allow you to see what’s going on from anywhere, even the cheap seats.
2. The Bowl Walk — If you’re new to the venue, The free Bowl Walk is a great way to learn about the Bowl and enjoy the park-like grounds, and you can do it any time of year.
Pick up a flyer at the Bowl Museum (which also has free admission) or at the information booth (next to the box office). You can follow the photo displays at the 10 stations along the walkways.
3. Plan a Pre-Concert Picnic — In the hills around The Hollywood Bowl you’ll find several spots perfect for a picnic before the concert. If you get there early before a concert (recommended for easy parking), you can enjoy a leisurely meal on the grounds with food you bring yourself.
Or you can order a gourmet picnic basket online at www.patinagroup.com/bowl (or call 323.850.1885) by 4pm the day before your concert.
4. Dine Out — Want to dine onsite? You’ll find restaurant options for every budget at The Bowl. Choices include:
The Wine Bar
The Rooftop Grill
Patina at the Pool
You can also grab snacks at the concessions and street food stands.
5. Sign the kids up for SummerSounds: Designed for kids ages 3 to 11, SummerSounds is a four week summer music and performing arts festival held each weekday morning.
Hollywood Bowl Discount Tickets
Ticket deals are often available via secondary sources they work with to fill all seats. When discounts are available from sources I trust, you’ll see them listed here.
The Bowl makes the following discounts and freebies available directly. For info call 323.850.2000.
Senior Rush Tickets
Seniors with photo ID can often get $10 tickets at the box office on the day of select Tuesday/Thursday concerts.
Free at The Bowl
Some morning rehearsals at the Bowl are open to the public. Call 323.850.2000 for the latest information. And the Bowl Walk (mentioned above) is free to do all year long.
Know Before You Go
If you’re going out to a Hollywood Bowl concert for the first time, here are a few tips to help make your visit a little savvier.
Hollywood Bowl Discount Tickets
Look for discounts posted here (they come and go throughout the year, so if you don’t see anything listed for Hollywood Bowl check back later).
Hollywood Bowl, 2301 N. Highland Ave. Hollywood, CA 90078.
If you’re taking the Metro –No. 156 Local (from San Fernando Valley or L.A.); No. 222 Local (from West Hills, Burbank, and Hollywood).
Where to Park
If you’re driving — There are four parking facilities but they fill up fast, so get there early (they open four hours prior). Options:
- Lot A (the main Bowl parking lot) fills up first.
- Lot B (the Odin parking lot) is on the west side of Highland Avenue (accessible spots on the top tier).
- Lot C (North Fairfield parking lot) is on the east side of Highland Avenue.
- Lot D (South Fairfield parking lot) is on the east side of Highland Avenue, and has convenient picnic areas. Park & Ride available.
Seating at the Bowl
You’ll find three types of seating available. Box Seats are the best, with canvas chairs in small groups surrounded by partitions.
SuperSeats, in the middle of the audience, are stadium-style plastic with cup holders.
The Bench Seats are near the Terrace boxes toward the back of the theater. Check out the Bowl’s seating chart.
What to Wear
Dress code is California casual, but it does cool off in the evenings, so bring a blanket or an extra layer.
See their website hollywoodbowl.com.