For live stage performances in Los Angeles, you can’t go wrong by heading to The Pantages Theatre, a true Hollywood landmark.
Plays and musicals such as Hamilton, Beautiful, Lion King, Wicked, Mama Mia, and The Book of Mormon, are just a few of the award-winning shows you can enjoy at this world-class historic theater.
No matter what play (or concert) you’re going to, Pantages is a sensory experience, from its amazing acoustics to its opulent architecture.
In 2000, The Pantages Theatre Hollywood was painstakingly renovated to recapture its 1930 glory. And in 2001, it received the coveted Conservancy Preservation Award.
As soon as you walk in the door you’ll feel like you stepped back in time. From the lobby, you’ll see two grand staircases, huge Art Deco-styled chandeliers below a starburst-patterned ceiling.
Well-located, The Pantages is just a few steps from the famous intersection of “Hollywood and Vine.” You’ll find a subway station directly across the street, and several hotels nearby if you’re visiting Los Angeles from out of town
Howard Hughes once owned Pantages Theatre. He called it the RKO Pantages and set up offices, a private apartment and a screening room onsite. The current staff works in those spaces now.
Also, the Academy Awards took place at the Pantages each year between 1950-1959.
Pantages Hollywood Know Before You Go
When available, I post links to discounts at the bottom of this page.
Address: Pantages Theatre, 6233 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood, CA 90028.
Where to Park
Limited metered street parking is available, so you’ll probably want to park at one of the independent parking lots adjacent to the Pantages Theatre.
- Closest lots on Argyle and Vine Streets, north and south of Hollywood Blvd.
- LA City Garage is on Hollywood Blvd (1627 Vine St).
- Valet parking is available at some nearby restaurants and at W Hollywood Hotel (directly across the street).
Show your same-day Pantages show ticket stub for dining discounts. Last checked, the following nearby restaurants had special offers:
- Sadie Kitchen & Lounge (20% off)
- the hungry cat (10% off )
- Blue C Sushi (20% off), Katsuya (15% off your meal)
Follow the link above for details and updates, along with other recommended restaurants near Pantages.
Food and Drink at Pantages
- The main lobby has a large concession stand with snacks and beverages.
- You’ll find a full bar in the lower alcove on the west end of the main lobby; and a smaller bar on the western landing off the west grand stairway (between the Orchestra and Mezzanine Levels).
- Another small bar is located in the lower alcove on the east end of the main lobby.
- Also check out the coffee and cappuccino bar on the eastern landing off the east grand stairway (between the Orchestra and Mezzanine Levels).
What to Wear
The theater doesn’t have an official dress code. So almost anything goes, from jeans & t-shirts to formal dress. Most common attire seems to be business office or dressy-casual attire.
Hotels near Pantages Theatre
- W Hollywood Hotel (6250 Hollywood Blvd)
- Hollywood Le Bon Hotel (1610 Argyle Ave)
- Dream Hollywood (6417 Selma Ave)
Find reviews, deals, and booking info on this Downtown L.A. hotels page by TripAdvisor.
Find out more on their website hollywoodpantages.com.