Segerstrom Center for the Arts + Ticket Discounts
Costa Mesa, California, where I lived for a couple of years, is known for its world-class performing arts complex Segerstrom Center for the Arts. Not only are the the performances among the best in the US, the setting is sensational. I’d go for just the architecture and the grounds. If you’re in Orange County and want to go, here’s my review, tips and roundup of special ticket offers from trusted sources.
Skip down for Segerstrom Discount Tickets
The first thing you’ll notice is the place is huge, all the better to showcase every type of performing arts, including Tony-Award-Winning Broadway productions, every type of concert, opera, dance, and film. Segerstrom Hall is a 3,000-seat opera house. Renée and Henry Segerstrom Concert Hall, is a 2,000-person live music venue.
Other buildings include the Samueli Theater, Judy Morr Theater, Education Center, and a 46,000-square-foot outdoor Arts Plaza. The center is the home of the American Ballet Theatre, Pacific Symphony, the Philharmonic Society of Orange County, and Pacific Chorale.
Two notable objects worth a look are the Arts Plaza’s modern sculpture by Richard Serra, and the William J. Gillespie Concert Organ, featuring nearly 30 tons of keyboard and 4,322 pipes, at The Renée and Henry Segerstrom Concert Hall.
Free at Segerstrom
Along with the discount tickets listed below, you’ll find a few freebies available directly from Segerstrom Center for the Arts.
- Free Performances: The Arts Plaza sometimes offers free concerts, dance performances, and films throughout the year.
- Free Pre-Shows: Many ticketed performances feature free pre-show activities an hour before show-time.
- Free Docent-led Tours: You can take a free guided tour of Segerstrom Center’s elegant lobbies, the grand stage, and areas rarely seen by the general public. (Reservations required.)
Segerstrom Discount Tickets
- Shen Yun: “Experience a Divine Culture” | Costa MesaDiscount Tickets $80 – $165 (reg. $80 – $165) Deal: Shen Yun: Stage Spectacular Brings Ancient China Alive. Location: Segerstrom Center for the Arts, Segerstrom Hall, 600 Town Center Drive, Costa Mesa, CA 92626. ... Read more »
- China National Beijing Opera Company & Hubei Chime Bells National Chinese Orchestra: Chinese New Year Celebration | Costa MesaDiscount Tickets $24 – $44 (reg. $48 – $88) Deal: Chinese New Year Celebration With Music, Opera, Acrobatics & More. Location: Segerstrom Center for the Arts, Segerstrom Hall, 600 Town Center Drive, Costa Mesa, CA 92626. ... Read more »
- Australian Chamber Orchestra & Paul Lewis | Costa MesaDiscount Tickets $19 – $44 (reg. $38 – $88) Deal: Australian Chamber Orchestra & Pianist Paul Lewis. Location: Renee and Henry Segerstrom Concert Hall at the Segerstrom Center for the Arts, 600 Town Center Drive, Costa Mesa, CA 92626. ... Read more »
- Zakir Hussain & Masters of Percussion | Costa MesaDiscount Tickets $14 – $34 (reg. $28 – $68) Deal: Zakir Hussain & Masters of Percussion. Location: Renee and Henry Segerstrom Concert Hall at the Segerstrom Center for the Arts, 600 Town Center Drive, Costa Mesa, CA 92626. ... Read more »
Rush Tickets: Full-time students and seniors can sometimes get special discounts at the center box office an hour before certain performances. More info: (714 ) 556- 2787.
Group Discounts: Groups of 10+ can sometimes get discounted tickets up to 20% off in advance for certain performances.
Segerstrom Know Before You Go
Getting Segerstrom Tickets
Other than possible discount tickets mentioned above, the best way to get tickets is at the main box office (located next to the plaza level entrance of Segerstrom Hall in the circular drive). You can also get full price tickets on their website scfta.org for a 10% service fee.
Segerstrom Center for the Arts — 600 Town Center Dr, Costa Mesa, CA 92626.
Segerstrom Center for the Arts is located in the heart of the Orange County Theatre District, just East of South Coast Plaza. Segerstrom Center can be easily reached from either the 405 or the 55 Freeways, with signage directing you to the Center.
Where to Park
Limited street parking is available. Or for Segerstrom Hall and Judy Morr Theater try the adjacent Center Tower Parking Structure on Sunflower Ave.
For performances at Renée and Henry Segerstrom Concert Hall and Samueli Theater, the closest parking is at the Plaza Tower Parking Structure across Park Center Drive (directly behind the concert hall). Both are cash only, around $10.
RSVP for tours to Tours@SCFTA.org or 714.556-2122 extension 4365.
This venue is within walking distance of many restaurants, including a couple of steak houses at South Coast Plaza. Or try Leatherby’s Café Rouge, located inside Segerstrom Concert Hall. Valet parking is available in front of the restaurant. For reservations call 714-429-7640. Inside Segerstrom Hall you’ll find The Firebird Cafe serving light snacks and sandwiches. Renée and Henry Segerstrom Concert Hall and Samueli Theater serve light snacks in their bars.
No problem. You’ll find full-service bars inside Segerstrom Hall, Renée and Henry Segerstrom Concert Hall, Judy Morr Theater, and Samueli Theater.