The art season in Southern California cities is every season. When you’re out and about in SoCal cities, taking in a little culture by local artists is a fun way to send an hour or so.
In Los Angeles, Orange County and San Diego, the term “Art Walks” can mean anything from privately led tours through local art galleries, to a handful of artists hawking their artwork from street carts. Some are held in the evenings and attract the chic art crowd, while some are daytime events in more of a county fair atmosphere. Some have food trucks and street performers along the way, while others keep it simple and focused on the artists.
Regardless of the type, they are a nice way to get out into the city and vist with your local artsists that help make SoCal such a vibrant place to enjoy art. My favorite, and a not-to-miss night out, is the Downtown L.A. Art Walk. The early crowd tends to be more art oriented, while the late crowd tends to be more entertainment oriented.
Southern California Art Walk Schedule
Here are a few of the popular SoCal art walks, with Thursdays being the most popular day in several cities. Follow the link for details, updates, and gallery listings before you head out.
- 1st Thurs: San Pedro Art Walk
- 2nd Thurs: Downtown L.A. Art Walk
- 2nd Sat: Long Beach Art Walk
- Twice annual – Mar, Oct: Brewery Art Walk
- Annual – March: Miracle Mile Art Walk
- 1st Thurs: Laguna Beach Art Walk
- 1st Fri: Downtown Fullerton Art Walk
- 1st Sat: Santa Ana Art Walk
- 3rd Thurs: Huntington Beach Art Walk