Napa Valley and Sonoma Valley, in Northern California’s wine country, set the stage for the dreamiest destination weddings. If that’s your dream location, here are our best personal recommendations.
First, you’ll want to choose a wine country wedding venue that suits your personal style and budget. Second, well in advance you’ll need to find and book a nearby wine country wedding planner, florist, photographer and ceremony officiant.
And don’t forget about wedding musicians and/or DJs for your ceremony and reception.
What you really want to know is which venues and vendors will make your special day unforgettable (in a good way). But your search most likely pulls up a bunch of web pages that read more like industry ads. Our list is not that cold or comprehensive. We’re locals and just want to share what we like.
Many of our recommendations below come after grilling my sister, a violinist who worked the wine country wedding circuit for years while raising her family in Napa. She had the privilege of playing at the most popular Napa and Sonoma venues more than once. And over the years, she saw most of the area’s wedding vendors in action. (She could tell you stories!)
Best Wine Country Wedding Venues in Northern California
Napa County Wedding Locations
Castello di Amorosa
Chateau de Vie
Triple S Ranch
Chardonnay Golf Club
Mont La Salle
Napa Country Club
Silverado Country Club
Auberge du Soleil
Holy Family Church
Beaulieu Vineyard Gardens
Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch
Kathryn Hall Estate
St Helena Catholic Church
St Joan of Arc Catholic Church
Sonoma County Wedding Locations
Healdsburg Country Gardens
Chateau St Jean
Paradise Ridge Winery
Santa Rosa Golf Club
St Francis Winery
Sonoma Mission Inn
St Francis Solano Catholic Church
Savvy tip: Thinking of having your wedding at a California winery? You should know that the Winery Definition Ordinance (WDO) of 1989 limits certain activities on winery properties. A few wineries are were grandfathered in and can perform wedding ceremonies. Don’t worry, the other wineries can still host wedding-related events, like your bridal shower, rehearsal dinner, and family gatherings.
Best Wine Country Wedding Vendors
While you’re planning your big event (and we think weddings are “big” events whether they’re grand or intimate), you may be wondering which venders Napa and Sonoma Valley locals recommend. Here’s our short list of wine country wedding wizards we love.
Event & Wedding Planners
- Suzy Berberian suzyberberianweddings.com
- A Dream Wedding a-dreamwedding.com
- A Savvy Event asavvyevent.com
- Kathy Higgins Weddings kathyhigginsweddings.com
- Joellen Pope joellenpopeweddings.com
- Fleurs de France fleursfrance.com
- Susan Garden of Garden Party gardenpartynapa.com
- Vanda Floral Design vandafloral.com
- Briana Marie Photography brianamariephoto.com
- TJ Salsman tjsalsman.smugmug.com
- Jesse Leake Photography jesseleake.com
- Richard Wood Photographics richardwoodphoto.com
- Kimberly Thompson of A Beautiful Ceremony Napa Valley abcnapavalley.com
- Rev. Blane Ellsworth of Wedding Ministries weddingministries.com
- Rev. Peadar Dalton of Your Ceremony Matters yourceremonymatters.com
- Eloquence String Quartet and Trio of Napa Valley eloquencestringquartet.com